The Cloud IVR is a feature that allows a cloud PBX to receive incoming calls and direct them to the relevant department or extension. The IVR functions as a telephone tree and provides callers with menu options for different departments and tasks or actions. The caller simply navigates himself through the personalized menu using the phone's voice and keyboard and the IVR system transfers them to the right department or helps them complete an action. Many businesses and organizations use IVR systems to give callers instant information about their specific company or account.
The IVR can be programmed to provide the following capabilities:
1. Information - hours of operation, details relevant to the caller.
2. Playing a jingle to "warm up" the customer in preparation for a response.
3. Direct a call to a department or group at the same time.
4. Reference to advanced queues.
5. Unanswered referral after a certain time of waiting.
6. Referral outside of business hours.
7. Referral when unavailability of the requested extension (Internet or electricity problem).
8. CallBack requests.
9. Set up different audio files depending on the spoken language.
10. Direct referral to the extension by dialing from within the IVR.
11. Referral to an external source such as WhatsApp, Telegram, social networks, etc.
12. Send SMS from the router.
13. External IVR routing the call in accordance with customer information in the organizational information system. 14. Conducting surveys in which the caller answers a questionnaire using numbers on his keyboard.
An advanced IVR is a key advantage for companies with high call volume as it sorts through incoming calls by an organization and prioritizes them. Instead of flooding your receptionist with calls, use IVR to direct each caller to their desired destination. Calls are efficiently categorized and handled by IVR to reduce costs, increase functionality, and improve customer service.